Re: [Epic] Orks in various rules set

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 16:22:50 -0600

Miller, Chris wrote:

> > I want to say SM/TL/WL, but I can't remember more than 4
> > gargant types in 2nd edition (slasher, mekboy, great, and mega).
> > So this must be CT.
> ------> Crap I don't remember 6 in 1st ed, and they didn't have
> megas...I gotta get that out I guess.
> > There are 4 gargants in E40k? I thought it was just
> > Gargant, Great Gargant, and Mega Gargant. What other type is
> > there?
> >
> -------> Other than counting BattleForts as gargants, I don't know where
> this comes from either.
> Sm alone had 0
> WL added 3
> TL made it 4 total
> E40K has 3.
> ???

Read the rules very carefuly. Note that part about game stats.

To end the flame fest that may follow all of this:
Epic 40K
14 kinds of Ork Inf.
16 kinds of vehicles
6 gargants (Gargant, Great, Mega, plus each with commander)

CT (aka 1st ed space marine)
7 inf
7 vehicles
4 gargants

SM/TL with out Warlord
10 inf
10 wagons
4 Gargants

SM/TL with Warlord
10 inf
29 wagons
4 gargants.

The much talked about lack of ork units in Epic 40K is bunk. It has the
largest number of units for any "right out of the box" game that GW has
done.