Re: [Epic] Painting Ork Detachments

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 27 Feb 1998 07:59:21 -0500

Miller, Chris wrote:
> > This is along the lines of what I asked about painting
> > detachments. Fluff purists don't usually care for my approach--I
> > don't
> > pay much attention to Eldar aspect colors, either, or Space Marine
> > fluff.
> -------> Heretic! Heretic! (Though I did make up my own colors for most
> of my Eldar. Aqua with bright Pink details. Looks very alien, and
> everyone calls 'em fairies anyway...)

Paul, who was in on the battle with Elias and me last Saturday, has his
own chapter, called the Aquamarines. :-)

> > Of course a lot of that fluff is in games I don't own. But it
> > just isn't important to me. I may also make my Orks brown.
> -----> HERETIC! HERETIC! BURN THE HERETIC! BROWN ORKS??!!! JUST WHAT THE
> HELL GAME ARE YOU PLAYING MISTER? ORKS ARE GREEN DAMNIT! GREEN! IF I
> KNEW EVERYONE COULD READ A LARGER FONT SIZE I WOULD USE IT JUST TO
> CONVEY THE MAGNITUDE OF THIS HERESY! WHAT ABOUT THE GREEN WAVE? I
> SUPPOSE YOU DON'T PAINT YOUR VEHICLES RED EITHER, DO YA?! WELL - DO YA?!
> WHEW, I'm exhausted from typing all those caps. I can't believe what I'm
> reading on this list anymore. I may have to unsubscribe.

No, I was thinking of a nice paisley of maroon and gray. Or maybe a
more realist camouflage pattern. I think Orks should be given a little
more respect, and shown to be the sophisticated, intelligent beings they
really are.

Just kidding! Anybody read the description of the D'Orques in Generic
Legions? http://users.aol.com/ferns1/genleg.htm
----------------
D'Orques: While appearing to be quite brutish and crude, D'Orques are
actually the most civilized and polite race
     on the battlefield. They are quite courteous and well educated,
frequently apologizing over the radio for all the
     destruction they're causing. Despite their cultured and
intellectual demeanor, D'Orques are very near-sighted and
     have terrible taste in clothing and design. If you happen to see an
army of large creatures with green or brown
     leathery skin, pointy ears, big teeth, dressed in brightly clashing
colors, you'll know you're looking at a bunch of
     D'Orques.
--------------

I'd probably use yellow and black a lot, and something red on pretty
much every vehicle.

> > But they're a way behind Eldar and Space Marines in the painting
> > queue,
> > anyway. :-)
> >
> -----> I wonder what kind of mockery you're making of them, heretic...
Only paying attention to aspect colors occasionally. Using my own color
for marines, without going through the work of designing a chapter. I
actually have some (not so great) camouflage on a couple of Space Marine
vehicles, but that's because they were available for IG in 2nd edition.

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...