Re: [Epic] Net Epic: Close combat

From: Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...>
Date: Tue, 18 Feb 1997 19:32:25 +0000

> Since we don't have "defensive" FF anymore and FF came before CC for that
> reason, then shouldn't we just move FF to after the CC phase. So it would
> go: snapfire, CC, FF, ADVANCE.

I sent a previous message covering this before, for those who missed it
heres the summary:

Shooting in first fire against units that charged you has not been
eliminated. Now units on first fire have two choices, snap fire the
incoming target,obviously this would only result profitable if the unit
charging were in transports(a common occurrence) in the hope of
destroying the vehicles and thus the troops carried, albeit at a -1 to
hit. If this were not the case(as in a group of already dismounted
troops charging), you would hold back fire to avoid the snap fire
penalty.

The possible choices and combinations of these are, of course as varied
as the tactical situation themselves.

United we stand!