Re: [Epic] SM/TL Tarantulas

From: J. Michael Looney <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Sun, 01 Mar 1998 09:19:30 -0600

Brett Hollindale wrote:

> At 10:09 PM 28/2/98 -0600, you wrote:
> >Brett Hollindale wrote:
> >
> >> Try using turrets off orky battlewagons mounted on lead refills (minus the
> >> lead) from the cheap non sharpening pencils where you take the blunt lead
> >> from the front and stick it round rthe back to push a new sharp lead forward
> >> (I can't think of a better wat to describethe pencil...)
> >>
> >> You mount this on a square base and put the battlewagon turret on top.
> >> Instant point defense weapon!
> >>
> >I like this!
> >
> >Is this a SM/TL version only? ;-)
>
> Of course! There aren't any tarantulas in the heresy...
>
> ###
> :-o#####
> ###
>
> (Projectile vomit...)

Well, as a case in point, Tarantula IS what the Imperial support weapon
is (it A/T)

Over the course of a couple of CJ and WD they have come up with the
following "Support Weapons"
1) AT weapon (basic rules)
2) FP based artillery weapon (CJ Squats)
3) Flak weapon (WD)
4) Disrupt weapon (CJ Adeptus Arbiter)

That just about covers all the real world version of a light support
weapon. I will be changing the Imperial data pages off E41K to reflect
all of the weapon types.

And about Projectile vomit... Is that a Barrage, a Mega Cannon or Heavy
Barrage?