Re: [Epic] Test of Legends

From: Matthew Sprange <altsain_at_...>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 16:57:19 -0000

>I did warn you about this. You must stop chanting "one, one, one", when the
>other person rolls to hit. Were you more generous to the other

Heh, I did take those lessons on board. You can't do that sort of thing in
a more formal game than the ones you and I play.

player when
>you beat him or got your butt whooped? It does seem strange

Butt singed, not whooped. I don't know what sort of image you've got in
your head - Matthew dancing round the Tournament Hall when he destroys his
opponent's tank? Joking aside, I took the games as seriously as everyone
else when playing and discussed the game when we finished.

however that
>this played such a huge part when it could be fixed by other players so
>easily.

My thought.

>> whatsoever. I was the only player in the Tournament to achieve a victory
>> like this (got no credit for that!).
>>
>Well done. I bet he marked you high.

Ummmmmmm, yeessssss.

>> You get to see loads of pre-release stuff (I saw some prototype
>> Dark Eldar.
>>
>More info NOW!

The Dark Eldar themselves were pretty poor - just beefed up Chaos type
Eldar, nothing that jumped up and said BUY ME! They will not be going into
production for this reason.

A Chaos Beastman Lord on a chariot - awesome model. The new Blood Bowl game
(didn't see inside, but the box is really dinky). New Dark Elf cavalry.
New plastic skeletons (different skulls & things). But no stuff for Epic.
Heard the stories of course, concept models of Phantom Titans with huge
wings coming out the back, but we will not see those models. Things are
moving for our game, but a little patience will be required.