Re: [Epic] Epi ignored

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 11:52:22 -0500

C.Sinclair wrote:

> At 10:02 AM 3/3/98 -0600, you wrote:
> >Harlequin Master wrote:
> >
> >> Necromunda and all the figures are being re-released later this year :)
> >
> >Why would they stop supporting and then re-release the same game in less
> >than a year?
> >

> They did it with Epic! :)

It seems there may be some sort of policy change. Look what's happening
with Blood Bowl. It looked pretty far dead, but it is being released
for $5 less than it was last time, with the same contents (yes,
miniatures, too) in a smaller box.

Maybe it is just that they realized they could run some of these games
through the cycle more than once, without as much investment for the
second time around. And people will buy a lot quickly, because they've
been swarming auctions for Blood Bowl stuff for the last year or two.

I still haven't decided whether I'm interested. It sounds fun, but I
play too many games already. (rather, "own and wish I had time to
play".) I wouldn't mind buying this _really_ cheap, with no minis,
using cardboard pieces like the original had.

andy

--
Andy Skinner
askinner_at_...