Re: [Epic] Detachment Size

From: Olcglas <Olcglas_at_...>
Date: Tue, 3 Mar 1998 14:17:16 EST

> Well, it's an old debate and each player has his own preferences.
> My standard detachments are between 200 and 350 points : I'm trying to find
> the good balance between fire power/assault value and manoeuvre capacity.
> Of course smaller or bigger detachments can be very useful but they are
> exceptional.

I like to have 4 detachments per 1000 points, hence an average of 250 ppd.
That said, there's a lot of deviation, especially in my marine force:
detachments may range from 170 to 425 points.

> > Also, does everyone use Titans? How rare is a 2000pt army without any?

I always use at least one Gargant with the Orks, but avoid titans with marines
(chapter purity - no TL or IG to hinder my strat rating) or Eldar (too nervous
about the dying race rule).