RE: [Epic] Bases for Figures

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 4 Mar 1998 17:39:20 -0600

> > Just wondering what people are using to base their vehicles
> (i.e...Space
> > Marine Bikes, Boarboyz, etc...).
>
> I have a sheet of styrene plastic (I think it is called) I bought from
> the hobby store, with a grid marked on it. I don't remember the size,
> but pretty small. If the size you want is close to some multiple of
> the
> squares, it is really easy to break off sections. I think I'm using
> 6x12 pieces for bikes and such.
>
> Whether I actually put 3 per base still remains to be seen. I may
> just
> use 2.

-----> addl $.02: For small single vehicles (dreads, maybe even buggies,
atk bikes, etc) I use either the old Epic bases, or some Old, Old,
counters from the original Battlesystem which came with about a zillion
1/2", 3/4", 1" square counters and a bunch of cavalry markers with twice
the length. I've used these for years for regular rpg mini's, Battletech
minis, and Epic minis. I think I'm finally running out...
   For the double-based (Sm/TL) I also used the above. For the triple
based new units I just mark off balsa wood sheets and cut it to the
right size as I just like it better than cardboard or plastic.

Chris Miller