RE: [Epic] Rants. Was SM/TL vs E40K unit costs

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Thu, 5 Mar 1998 09:16:35 -0600

> >I have them, BTW, as well as Stiker II, which is another "realistic"
> set
> >of SF rules.
>
> For realism have you played Bab5 wars. Sheesh. Good game but can be
> very
> complex. Especailly with large fleets.

-------> Hey now, don't get too wrapped up in the "realism" of B5W,
another fun game based on a fictional universe with fictional weapons,
etc.There's also Star Trek realism, LOTR realism, Comic Book realism,
etc.
    And as far as complexity, it's still simpler than SFB where the
designers cut their teeth. Note that I'm not saying that's a bad thing.
There's usually two ways to go once your game gets reasonably popular
and people start clamoring for answers to rules questions : The GW
approach where the big issues are answered and the lesser stuf is
basically "roll for it" and the SFB/ASL approach of defining every
situation with rules numbered out to 6 decimal places. Either one can be
frustrating. I'm waiting to see which way B5W goes.

Chris Miller