[Epic] Converting Terminators - was New Player.. Not New lister

From: <CLL_at_...>
Date: Thu, 05 Mar 1998 15:01:33 +0000

> Do Other people convert termie seargeants to a powersword? Some >
chainfists? I'd like to convert one(This may sound odd, it doesnt add >
terminator to having a assault cannon. Hey call me weird or insane... > like
that.

I've been thinking along the same lines - there have been some great tips
in the past on terminator conversions. Anyone out there remember them?

Regards,

- Erik

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
Converting terminators is relativly simple, most of it comes down to doing a
good paint job. Only simple physical changed need to be made, I have an
old style (SM/TL) Terminator company with 13 stands of Terminators.
There is at least one converted Terminator on each stand.

Sergeants - use a small sliver of plasticard stuck on the powerfist to
represent the sword.

Chainfists - use a small rectangle of plasticard (about 1mm x 3mm) stuck to
the powerfist.

Assault cannons - this could be more difficult now, but I used the
multilasers from IG Sentinels (on the old plastic sprue). Just trim off the
storm bolter and add the barrel in place. You could use the assault cannon
from the old plastic SM dreadnought on the Stomper sprue instead. There
are assault cannons on other models now but they are all metal and
probably too big.

Heavy flamer - mine represent the old round side-by-side flamers - I use the
engine housing from the plastic sentinels and add the stormbolter barrels on
the front. Carefully trim off the barrels from the Terminators stormbolter, add
these to a suitable shape (could even be miliput) and stick it in place of the
stormbolter. I haven't tried the new over and under flamer yet.

Cyclone - Use plasticard to form the missile launcher, carefully trim off the
Terminators powerfist arm and reglue it in a slightly raised position and
paint to suggest a Targetter.

Thunder Hammer - a thin piece of plasticard added to the powerfist arm
creates the storm shield. Trim off the storm bolter at an angle and create a
T-shaped hammer from thin plastic rod. The flagpoles from the old SM/TL
square base sprues were ideal for this. Stick this in place of the stormbolter.

Lightning claws - more difficult - there are 2 ways to do this - the cheapest
way is to carve the stormbolter arm into a vague fist shape and to rotate
the powerfist arm as with the cyclone above. Then add strands of fine wire
to represent the claws (I only got 3 talons on each fist). The wire I used
was the mesh sold for car body repairs - it is often seen in GW publications
used for mesh fences for 40K. The second method means you have to
sacrifice another Terminator, cut the powerfist arm off, and use it to replace
the stormbolter arm. This looks better, but wastes a Terminator.

Captain - carefully remove the helmet, and replace it with the head of a
Marine Sergeant in power armour- the one with a Targetter eye. Rotate the
arm as for the cyclone and add a Grenade launcher from plasticard or
Milliput. Add a back banner from a power armoured Marine Captain

Librarian (1) original Terminator Librarian - add miliput to the top of head
and using a suitable tool carve in the features of an Aegis helmet - add a
force axe of plasticard to the powerfist arm.

Librarian (2) - unhelmeted Terminator Librarian - add a head as with the
captain, a plasticard power axe as above.

Chaplain - add a Crozius Arcanum of plasticard/plastic sprue to the
powerfist arm.

Most of the other detail has to be added with paint - the Aegis helmet, the
Chaplain's skull helmet - the Cyclone's targetter arm.

I hope this helps, if you are mad enough to try it.
Krass