Re: [Epic] Rants. Was SM/TL vs E40K unit costs

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 06 Mar 1998 09:23:47 -0500

chadtaylor wrote:
> So, did you make the change to E40k or are you still holding back? What
> about the other 'old guys' from way back when? I notice the list seems to
> be split, rather heated at times it seems also.

Alan can speak for himself, of course, but I'll try to sum up.

I'll try to think of the more vocal people from the list.

A bunch of people left, and I was sorry to see so many go, especially
since there is not a need for division on this list of E40K/SM&TL/Net
Epic, though the design of NetEpic was not best handled on this list.

Old-time 2nd only: Sauron and Agro. I don't know if Aaron is playing
lately, but he seems to prefer 2nd, but is gamely discussing E40K with
the rest. Or has that mostly been discussion of fluff? I'm not paying
_that_ much attention.

Scott Shupe, Allen McCarley, and Alan Brain all are E40K players, though
all still ready with comments/answers about 2nd edition. I'm still not
among the most vocal, but am more than I was when you were on before, so
don't know if you remember me, but I'm playing E40K. Many of us were
skeptical at first, and are growing to like it, even prefer it.

A bunch of people joined up about the time of the switch, and there have
been plenty new vocal people since. Some prefer 2nd, but play E40K to
have opponents (I think Thane is one of these?). Some prefer E40K, but
play 2nd 'cause they can't get other people to switch. :-)

There are definitely opinions about stuff on this list, and even some
advocacy rants. But we still get along pretty well here, and have some
good topics useful in either version. I appreciate Agro and Sauron not
giving up on us in disgust. :-)

andy

--
Andy Skinner