Re: [Epic] [Epic 40k] Alternative Overwatch Rules

From: Erik Rutins <snowdo1_at_...>
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 1998 19:55:49 -0500

> A unit which is on overwatch or flak orders may fire at
> an enemy unit which has jump packs during the movement
> phase, if the unit has moved over terrain it could not

I'm not sure I like this, given that the jump pack troops could be
flying very close to the earth, making themselves nearly impossible to
target. At the very least, I would say that if you are firing at troops
using this rule (i.e. only exposing themselves for part of the movement
phase) that you would not be able to target normally, you should suffer
the following penalties:

1. No overwatch rerolls.
2. Targets count as in cover.

> _Overwatch, Flak And Enemy Skimmers_

Ditto here.

> _Flak and Enemy Units_

I think flak units are only allowed to fire in the movement phase
because this is when enemy flyers move/attack. IMHO it shouldn't be
extended beyond that to some kind of special ground power.

Regards,

- Erik