[Epic] Initially Off topic

From: <anvil_at_...>
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 1998 16:37:19 -0500

Several weeks ago, when the list was discussing other game systems we
liked, "General Quarters" came up. On the recommendation of the list, I
purchased said game, and found it quite interesting. Would the person or
persons who recommended this game please contact me privately?

Last weekend we decided to play a 3500pt Fog-o-war scenario. In the
first attempt we both drew 7's and decided to call it after the 1st
turn. On the second attempt I (Squats) drew a 7 again and the Eldar drew
an Ace. I figured the Eldar had a chance to stop me so we continued. On
the last turn (4) the Eldar managed to get one Aspect Warrior in on my
cleanse objective and deny my victory. This game was an exercise in
moving large masses of troops from one end of an 8 foot tabletop to the
other for the Eldar. It was a lesson in frustration for me.
On the 3rd try we both drew Aces and fought it out. Of course we were
not aware that we both had aces until the 3rd turn, but it seemed fairly
obvious. The greater mobility of the Eldar, combined with excellent
generalship on my opponents part, led to a rather bloody defeat for me.
What did I learn? 1: FOW is more fun in a smaller game (1500-2000pts)
                  2: Play to the squats strength (overwatch)
                  3: After 3 editions of this game, I still HATE eldar! ;)

Thanks for listening

Anvil Doombringer
Ancestor Dishwasher