Re: [Epic] Space Fleet (off topic, well sort of)

From: <pentacle_at_...>
Date: Mon, 09 Mar 1998 19:11:46 -0500

At 09:31 AM 3/10/98 +1030, you wrote:
>Greetings all,
>
>during the Karak Dur campaign, Al and I often lamented the lack of a space
>combat game to provide added flavour for planetary landings etc. Well, I
>have decided to re write the space fleet rules to cover this. I will shift
>the emphasis of the game more towards transports and fit the rules into an
>E40K template. By this I mean the rules will be very similar to the E40K
>rules (in fact I am considering treating the space craft in a similar
>fashion to war engines).
>
>I would like people's opinions, do you think this is a good thing to waste
>my time on???
>
>When it is ready for testing are people willing to give it a try???
>
>Cheers, Chris.

I love space combat games, and it would be a great excuse for getting
together a detachment of flyers, and to put together some custom drop
ships. And BTW its great idea, but I am trying to figure out how I could
include it in a game of E40k during a standard game. Maybe adding a
spacesupport phase after the warengines fire phase.

                Aerich Frodoson
                        "when all else fails, nuke the sight from orbit"