Re: [Epic] Space Fleet (off topic, well sort of)

From: C.Sinclair <csi_at_...>
Date: Tue, 10 Mar 1998 09:12:09 +0000

At 07:03 PM 3/9/98 -0500, you wrote:
>Chris Pinson wrote:
>>

>If I were going to try such an ambitious project I would use Full Thrust
>as the space combat game. I have heard of people using FT as a basis for
>this very thing. They would fight a breakthrough style battle to
>determine the number of invading troops available based on the number of
>transports that got through. Thanes GSC might also work for this. Space
>fleet might be a little tougher to integrate in this manner. IMHO

The FULL THRUST option was the way a friend and I went, using the MORE
THRUST transport rules and just assigning size classes to all the EPIC
units. The problem is that the campaign can drag a little if the space game
is particularly complex. What we really wanted to do was fight the fleet's
approach to the planet and then the landing in the same afternoon. Never
worked that way. Always thought the fleet actions through teatime and ended
up having to wait a couple of weeks to play the planetary assault.

Cheers,
Colin

******************************
Colin Sinclair