Re: [Epic] Space Fleet (off topic, well sort of)

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 00:29:55 -0700

OK, here is a GSC thunderhawk, as I see it

Size: med.
VP 736
Hull capacity: 166
Hull damage: 24
Armor 9
Crew: 4 units

Engines: Class 3
Evasion: 4
Shields: none
Targeting Comps: 4X level 4

Weapons batteries:
1 Grav (battlecannon analog) Forward R:10" D:3
3 Light lasers Front sponson (bolters) R:6" D:1
3 Light lasers Left Sponson
3 Light Lasers Right Sponson
1 Fusion torpedo launcher (missiles) Dam:3

Actually, these weapons are ramped up in power from what I normally
envision for GSC; bolters wouldn't even register for power. However,
this scale re-adjustment makes sense for a GW world.

Special Systems:
1 Auto-repair unit (Techmarine analog)

Cargo : 20 HC (figure ~3 per SM squad, or 10 for a tank).

Damage Chart:
Engine 0-1
TC 2
Weapons 3-7
Special 8
Cargo 9
Assume 2 cargo HC are destroyed for each point of DAM for a weapon which
penetrates that location

I'll put up a nightwing for comparision tomorrow, as that is the other
best recorded space going vessel in SM/TL/E40K

Thane