Re: [Epic] Re: trivia quiz 7&8 answers

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 17:32:59 -0500

Aaron P Teske wrote:

> Excerpts from Epic: 11-Mar-98 Re: [Epic] Re: trivia quiz .. by Scott
> Shupe_at_...
> > > For worst army choice I think the award goes to the
> > > Imperial commander facing the tyranids in their "showcase" report - I
> > > mean, you know you're going to lose, but did you have to make it _that_
> > > easy?
> >
> > I think I laughed out loud when I saw what the IG player
> > selected. Never has there been an army more designed to lose to
> > the nids... (well, aside from the tac company, but tread-head
> > never did anything with them so they don't count)

[snip]
> Though you're right, taking Knight *detachments* against 'nids (I think
> he did, anyway) is a good way to cough up VPs. Even the companies won't
> do so well, though they have a chance of pinning a Dom... maybe....

        Oh, Pickstock's foolishness did not end there... his army
included (IIRC) a Lancer det, a Paladin household, a Baron, a
REAVER battlegroup ("What are Doms great at killing, kids?" "TITANS
WITH LITTLE OR NO SHIELDS!" "What do the bugs gets lots of VPs
for?" "KILLING TITANS!"), and Leman Russ company (Lemans being a
waste of points in SM/TL), an IG tac company and an Inquisitor.
Talk about a sham battle.

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"Ia! Ia! Cthulhu fhtagn!"