Re: [Epic] lurker

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 1998 12:17:26 +1000

Sutherland wrote:

> >Ok I'll play, what does this little fount of kowledge know about me. My
> >addyis correct and current, and as a bonus my ICQ is 6409442. I just love
> >watching a skilled person work.
>
> The real trick is not that they cant find you but that what they find is
> what "you" want them to find. What with the modern electronic age you can
> be just aobut anyone or not be someone if you know what to sign and advertise.
>

> P.S. Dems security ppl are sure nosey when you work on dem big nukee thingees.

Poor old Sauron is in a difficult position. If he lets you know what he
knows, he violates all sorts of privacy laws, though probably not
security regs. A few hints is all that's permitted, and even then, too
many is not wise.

Without going into details, I once had a number of very gruelling
sessions with the Australian Security Intelligence Organisation, and
that was because of some e-mail I'd _received_ not sent. And no, it was
on a completely different backbone, not the Internet as such, nothing to
do with Sauron.

So please don't call his bluff, as I have reason to believe he's not
bluffing. Fortunately I'm no longer working in any Classy area,
otherwise I wouldn't even post this much.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo