Re: [Epic] Net Epic

From: <oki_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 11:24:25 +0800

At 09:50 PM 2/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Peter Ramos <pramos1_at_...> writes:
>> I'm not sure what you mean,could you elaborate?
>
> Here's an example of what he doesn't want...
>
>[Since T-hawks are cheesy:]
>
> It is *ILLEGAL* to take more than 1 T-hawk for every 1000
>points in your army.

Unless it is a pure SM army ? Is this OK ? Someone mentioned this before
(sorry, could not remember who). SM is basically an extremely rapid
deployment army. What if I want to load up my THawk with my Assaults,
Tacticals, Devastators, is this unreasonable ? Or is there something else
which we can worked out.

I realised I mentioned before about not fiddling around with the point cost
system, but in this case (THawk) many seems to think that THawk are
under-priced, if you used it in the following manner:

1. Running on empty - just use it as a flying-gun platform.
2. Decoy - load up three detachments of SM, screen it with 6 Thawks.
3. Cheap rapid deployment vehicle - SM scouts can load up and go in
Thawks without losing their vehicle (they have not none) unlike Tactical
Marines.
4. One or two more applications - but could not quite place them.

In this 3-4 cases, can we have the Thawk be point priced differently ?
Higher, say at 100-150 points ? Or is there any other suggestions ?

The reason why I would like to stick to no limits per 1000/2000 points is
that I really like my SM army to fly around in their Chicken Hawk gunship
(air cavalry, Maestro, the "Ride of the Valkyries" please) as opposed to
sloggin it on foot or boxed coffin :)

> Something like this actually has a chance of passing through a
>majority vote if people forget about trying to keep variety in the
>game.
>
>MArk

Regards
Oki