Re: [Epic] RE: [Epic} Modelling an Entire Chapter (Was discussion about Jester's Angels)

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Thu, 12 Mar 1998 23:34:01 -0700

Sauron Moridor wrote:

> Sauron1 writes;
>
> Are 16 sprues enough for a Tyranid army under eather rules?
>
> sauron1_at_... soon to be saurion1@...

Yes, I think so. I plan on fielding my CC infantry in groups of 8
(broods of 4) in our 3000 point games. I figure 4 or 6 pod ready detats,
along the lines of:

Hungry Detat: 276 pts. B:10
8 lictors
8 Termagants
2 TW's
1 HT

Ravenous Detat: (x2) 310 pts (or 343) . B:15
8 Termagants
8 Genestealers
8 Hormagants
4 TW's (or 3)
1 HT (or 2)

Peckish Detat (X2) 280 pts B:8
5 Biovore
4 Termagants
4 Lictors
2 TW
1 HT

So far that's
32 Termagants
16 Hormagants
16 Genestealers
14 TW (or 12)
5 HT (or 7)

Actually, this doesn't leave enough TW's for artillery units. At least I
have twelve new HT's (would anyone like to trade for 2 superbly painted
old HT's?). By the way, painting Vorlon Armor on little HT's
SUCKS!!!!!!!

I wish that when GW had decided to double the sprue prices that they had
put SOME effort into figuring what was needed for the bug sprues. I've
been scrounging for TW's in every game of SM/TL/E40K I've played.

Which reminds me: for SM/TL that's enough TW's for 3 broods, or roughly
2 total swarms, with a few HT's. Plus one extra. You may want 2 more box
sets to get twenty total sprues if you plan on playing much SM/TL. I got
by with 10 sprues for 2500-3000 point games with SM/TL bugs, but they
had a lot of cool vehicles and titan rules in that edition.

Or you could give up in frustration and send the sprues to me.

Thane

Thane