Re: [Epic] Land Raiders

From: <pentacle_at_...>
Date: Sun, 15 Mar 1998 11:27:47 -0500

At 11:26 AM 3/15/98 +0000, you wrote:
>In article <3.0.5.32.19980315055232.008673f0_at_...>,
>pentacle_at_... writes
>
>>Since they fire on the shooting phase I just assumed that they went by the
>>same rule. Pick a detachment and fire into them. When assigning hits,
>>closest units first until all in range units are hit then start over.
>But they use AT shots, i.e. super-heavy weapons, and so can pick their
>target.
>Colen 'Not Colin' McAlister, wargamer extrordinaire X
> http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/4368/ OOOX===========>
> brother_morgan_at_..., UIN 2149443 ('Morgan') X
>"Mr. Worf, scan that ship." "Aye captain, 300 dpi?" - Star Trek

Then I guess this would be my house rule on the subject. Treat them as over
powered shots that simply reduce the armor of the target. Instead of
allowing it to target stands or models, it targets detachments. That would
seem to bring the 35 pt. cost down to a reasonable level. But remember it
does raise the armor value of some ork and tyranid units. I Was having
problems with the Land Raider as well, but this seemed to even things up
pretty well with other armies, cutting down the cheese factor a bit.

                Aerich Frodoson
        "It has come to the attension of management that people in general
         actually care. In view of this shift of opinion, we are going
         to do a better job of concealing what we are actually doing"