Re: [Epic] General painting stuff

From: Tyler Provick <bprovick_at_...>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 1998 10:29:10 -0500

> I use Dry brushing religeously. I find I get great results on faces,
> guns, leathery skin, cloth and just about anything else. My only
> sugestion would be to use at least two "layers" of dry brushing,
> lightening each. You get much more depth than just one layer.

But in my experience drybrushing gunks up surfaces, and once you have dry brushed
you cannot wash, which I usually do after highlighting to tone the highlights
together.

It reminds me of a friend, who wants to be able to paint skin to my level, which I
admit isn't very high, but is higher then his. Anyway, as much as he wants to paint
like me, he's always instructing me to drybrush skin.

But still, I drybrush Epic, so the above arguement is mostly off topic.

Tyler