Re: [Epic] Orks and Fungus?

From: COOK MATTHEW JOHN <PBS4661_at_...>
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 1998 10:59:01 +0000

On 18 Mar 98 at 16:09, KrazyLlama wrote:

> I've heard it being referred to before that Orks are fungus aliens. I've never
> heard this; what's your source?
>
> Shervin

Numerous places. Lastest fluff is back of GorkaMorka other book which
details how orks reproduces (by spores contarory to previous fluff).
Recomend reading it if you can.
Basically says are a sybiotic organism in other words is a biped
animal race combined with algae. The spores that orks give of(spread
by wind etc) actually produce, food (fungus), squigs, snotlings,
gretchin, orks depending on conditions where the spore lands and
distance from ork settlements. This stops over population as if
land near settlements will only turn into food. They hatch in that
order so once the orks hatch from their coccoons have everything they
need. Spores are given of by the orks as they breath with more the
older they get. When they die they're whole body eventually
decomposes into spores which then disperse etc. This means a dead ork
can repopulate whole worlds in a short amount of time(couple of years
tops). Would scan it in and send it but not got regular access to a
scanner. Might see if I can get something done once I need to Scan
some photos for Uni presentation (photos ready for collection on
Friday) but not promising anything. Anyone who desperatly wants a
scanned copy email me privately and I'll see what I can do. I know
this slightly infringes copyright but having to buy GorkaMorka just
for 3 pages of the rules is silly(the main reason I bought it was to
get fluff allthough tried to get togethor a mob since to make it a
bit less useless).

There are other old sources as well (try Waugh Da
Orks for instance think said something in their). The oldest stuff I
have is SM 2nd edition tho so I cant check these.

         *** M J COOK ***
AKA: Ghaz,Ghazgkull,Mat,Sparrow,Cookie,Walter Tatum,
     Alberto Giovanni,Damien Black,Joshua,Dct Strank
     Peter Jones & some I can't remember!