Re: [Epic] Blast Markers (Again)

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 1998 07:51:35 -0500

Alan E & Carmel J Brain wrote:

> Fine Tuning of Blast Markers.
>
> One area that has caused some problems in E40K is that of Blast Markers.
> It is possible, though rare, that a side can lose solely by having one
> minor unit that has so many blast markers on it that the army will
> collapse, even though most of it is in good condition.
>
> The following simple additions to the rules prevent this.
>
> ----------------RULES------------------------------------------
> Rally phase:
> After rolling for blast marker removal, remove blast markers exceeding
> the break value of the detachment

I understand this from the morale point of view, but not from blast
markers' other effects. For instance, you want 5 or 6 blast markers on
a detachment to make leadership rolls hard, but a detachment with break
value less than that would be let off easy. By the way, by "break
value" do you mean the morale cost, or half strength?

> After blast marker removal, Detachments may be disbanded.
> To disband a detachment, all remaining units are removed from the table,
> and the number of blast markers remaining on the detachment are
> immediately deducted from the army morale as normal.
> War Engines may not be disbanded.

I think this, in combination with not being able to lose more points per
turn than morale value is sufficient.

andy

--
Andy Skinner