[Epic] Battle of Blood River, part 2Just

From: Sean Smith <seans_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 21:04:50 +1300 (BST)

Just a little more information on the battle of Blood River.
Note I did not know niether the composition of Eldar army,
but he knew the composition of my army.

The Eldar plan was to wait till I had advanced into
range of his three detachments with support weapons and
then reveal them and blow me away. While his CIC detachment
and two aspect warrior detachments were to flank march and
attack my left flank.

My plan was to advance my two IG infantry detachments with
support weapons to within 45cm of his hidden counters across
the river, so that they could provide cover for my other
detachments attacking across the river. My Rough Rider
and hellhound detachments went on a wide circling move in
in an attempt avoid his razor wire and get behind his flanks.
The artillery and sonic disrupter were to inflict blastmakers
on his hidden counters to make it harder for any aspect
warriors he had hidden to launch assaults and reduce the fire
at my detachments crossing the river. If he decided to stay in
his trench's I planned use my support weapons would blow him
away, because AT fire isn't affect by cover. The ordinatus
with the plasma gun was to below away bunker objectives and
any direct fire units he had (particularly WE of Vaul).

---
Sean Smith
Seans_at_...
---