Re: [Epic] Questions

From: Aaron <akkala_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 15:47:56 -0600

Fabio VanderMerwe wrote:

> I just started building an IG and a Nid army and need some help. I aquired
> some manticores but can not find the specs nor the value in the army book

The Manticore is a Siege Artillery (same as Bombard)

> I was also wondering about where your inspiration comes
> from in naming your detachments and commanders.

I don't think Nids are named. For IG, try using the names of historical
generals for the commanders of the armies - German for Mordians, Russian
for Valhallan, Arabic for the desert guys (?), and American for Cadians.
For Psykers, I stick to the Space Marine rule and use Roman/Greek names.

For detachments I just call them First Tank Company. Second Mechanized
Infantry Company etc. Eldar have goofy elf names, Space Marine and Ork
detachments are named after the commander. Again for Nids, name them
after what they do Assualt Swarm, Artillery Swarm etc.

                                        Aaron