Re: [Epic] Questions

From: Scott Shupe <shupes_at_...>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 1998 18:21:22 -0500

Elaine P wrote:

> Fabio VanderMerwe wrote:
> <snip>
>
> >( Am I blind?) I was also wondering about where your inspiration comes
> >from in naming your detachments and commanders.
>
> For SM & IG, I use latin names for the commanders & the company names
> from the codexes for detachments. Orks, I use the name generator table
> in Waaargh the Orks.

        Could you post this? Or is it really huge? I generally
have problems coming up with good Ork names.

        This reminds me, there's a daemon name generator in
the Khorne/Slaanesh ROC book... Might be handy for coming up
with Chaos commander or detachment names. Maybe I'll transcribe
it and post it here if there's interest (actually, now that I
think about it I'll probably transcribe it anyway for my web
page).

> I've just started collecting Tyranids & am naming
> the detachments with female names from Greek literature.

        Too many classic literature professors in their diet?

Scott Shupe
shupes_at_... shupes@... http://www.rpi.edu/~shupes
"The greatest lesson in life is to know that even fools are right
sometimes." - W. Churchill