Re: [Epic] SV: satans work

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Tue, 24 Mar 1998 20:36:37 -0700

Miller, Chris wrote:

> > From what I've seen, the Vampire players are generally
> > more role-playing-oriented than, say, DnD players. That and
> > the goths seems to like it...
> >
> --------> I don't know about more roleplaying oriented - they just like
> vampires. It's a fad like a lot of others, and appeals to a certain
> crowd. "Role playing" is what you make of it, regardless of game system.
> I've seen people choke and fail under the latest "role play enhancing"
> system, and I've seen people come up with great characters using the
> older versions of D&D and play them for long periods of time. If the
> concept grabs you, the ruleset won't get in the way.

This is really true. Back when I DM'd, it was way easier to make a great
game with AD&D than GURPS or CHILL or MERPS, because the combat rules
were so simple that they didn't get in the way of the story. Those other
games took FOREVER to get through a battle, and it was much easier to
figure out what a reasonable challenge for a party was when making an
AD&D adventure.

Thane