Re: [Epic] All-WE battles

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 1998 17:51:30 -0700

Miller, Chris wrote:

> Well, it's not like I didn't have quite a few before, but now I
> find myself picking up even more titans and gargants, so I'll ask:
>
> Has anyone tried an all-War engine fight with E40K? I suppose a little
> infantry or a small armored unit would be OK, but I'm mainly thinking
> the old titans on titans thing like the old AT battles years ago...
>
> I may pull one of these up at the local store just to try and rope in
> some new victims (and troll for veterans who want to get rid of their
> stuff) and I'm wondering if anyone else has found goods&bads after the
> fact.
>
> Chris Miller

We did a 12000+ point per side battle of all titans and squat engines
for SM/TL. The biggest problem was getting started with more or less
even points, as people wandered in over the course of an hour. You may
want to make up damage markers ahead of time to place by the various war
engines as they are damaged, to make it more clear what is going on.

I just played a 1000 point army with 3 warhounds and a reaver. My
opponent fed his army piecemeal, so I converged on the Great Gargant on
turn 3 with all of the titans, taking it to 1 damage point. It died
without firing in turn 4, allowing the combined titan might to shred the
infantry.

Thane