RE: [Epic] SM/TL Titan BGs (was: The Force Sombre in SM/TL)

From: Miller, Chris <CMiller_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Apr 1998 12:00:36 -0600

> > > (I think it's just sour grapes because Chaos never officially got
> them -
> > > that's OK because IM40KU I have no prob with chaos titan groups -
> mainly
> > > because of that fluff thing - and once everyone has them, they
> aren't
> > > nearly as cheesy)
> >
> > Nope. I just think that 3 titans for the price of 2 (and
> > an even better deal for Warlords) is too much. I don't mind minor
> > price breaks for companies here and there, but 500, 600, 1200
> > points? Cheese.

----------> Oh come now - Titans for everyone!

(I will mention that the formation rule does put some restriction on
them. The bigger the playing area the more it matters. Of course, you
can always take multiple groups...)

> Don't forget the Titan/Gargant Missions. That made it even
> worse, though we ditched them after trying once.
>
> Mark

------> Yeah, we found that got a little ridiculous too. The free titan
is enough of a bonus, I think.

Chris Miller