Re: [Epic] Genestealers

From: Stephen Sheldon <stephes_at_...>
Date: Thu, 2 Apr 1998 09:24:32 -0800 (PST)

> Can someone give me info on Genestealers? Do they have a Codex? Are they
> their own army, or part of the Tyranids? Will a Codex be printed? Are
> they out of print? I heard something about Genestealers and Squats being
> non-existant or something in the 40K universe. Thanks.

Tyranids are a bioconstruct of the Tyranids. The way they were introduced,
they were like a precursory force of the tyranids that colonized entire
planets. When the 'nids came, they fought alongside them on the
battlefield, but they are an independant threat aside from the tyranids.
The tyranid army has one goal: Total annihilation of everything (they use
biomass for building materials), the stealers are more along the control
everything line. It seems strange stealers will still fight by their
creators (hmmm, plans for a rebellion???) as they are self sufficient and
have their own synapse-nexus (The patriarch). I don't know if stealer
followers follow 'nids too.
Stealers reproduce by assaulting a human (or in some cases an ork), they
then hold them in a hypnotic state with their mild psychic powers. The
victim is then impregnated with a 'seed' (The stealer delivers this spore
through it's tongue, which is known as the stealer's kiss). The victim, I
get confused here, either gives birth too or becomes a 2nd generation
hybrid. This hybrid has a limited grasp for technology and is a little
more human looking (only three arms now), the 2nd gen. can reproduce to
give a 3rd gen. and the third gen can reproduce to give 4th generation.
4th Generations look almost human, their skin colour is wrong, they have a
small bony protrusion on their foreheads (hmm, star trek anyone?). Some
4th gens are potently psychic (known as magus) and have very powerful
influences on the now colonized world, forming cults that will rise up and
fight for the stealers. Magi answer to the patriarchs, the oldest and
largest genestealer, that have become bloated and physically corrupt with
age, their minds increasing in potency forming the hub of a genestealer
society. When a 4th gen reproduces, as a human would, the off spring that
are born are always twins. One is a regular human child, the other is a
purestrain genestealer, after the birth the purestrain will consume it's
twin sibling. The parents of genestealers are always proud of their
offspring, and are oblivious to the obvious alien nature of their child. I
beleive the purestrain later consume the parents. From the first insertion
of a purestrain into a planet, to the point of planetary scale conversion
to a genestealer cult, can be as quick as 12 years. Corruption on this
scale has only one solution, the Astartes are called in for Exterminatus;
massive, planetary scale virus bombing that destroys all organic life and
leaves an oily sludge behind. After exterminatus, the only way to
repopulate is to completely terraform the planet. Either way, the planet
is lost.
Most of this is from Inquisitor and Space hulk, I am at work so it is from
memory, and I cannot remember everything...

Steve

When you dream there are no rules, people can fly, anything can happen.
Sometimes, there's a moment as you're waking, that you become aware of
the real world around you, but you're still dreaming.
You may think you can fly, but you better not try it...