Re: [Epic] The Q&A site

From: Mike Looney - ionet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Fri, 03 Apr 1998 16:14:02 -0600

Scott Shupe wrote:

> A. Allen McCarley wrote:
> >
> > * Yes, Mike, I was finally able to access your server. I've sent
> the
> > most recent versions of my pages there and they shoule be viewable
>
> > at your site.
>
> I just tried to access the new Q&A and had problems. Looks
> like a number of the links (including the Q&A link) reference pages
> on work1.utsi.edu (instead of www.spellbooksoftware.com), which of
> course seems to be down. The source html contains nothing but
> absolute hrefs to the utsi site. Allen, perhaps you modified and
> uploaded an old copy of the html, instead of modifying the mirrored
> versions? (which I believe used to work)

Ah, yeah, you need to make those "flat" links (i.e. don't include
http://work1.usti.edu OR http://www.spellbooksoftware.com in the
reference. Websnake, my mirroring toy of choice, will do this
automaticly. If you uploaded htm[l] files, we may have a problem.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus