Re: [Epic] Rumours R Us

From: lojeck <lojeck_at_...>
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 1997 18:50:39 -0800 (PST)

> lojeck wrote:
> > >
> > > I've been asked what a CRT was and now I get some one that doesn't
> > > appear to know how one goes about making D(some power of 10).
> >
> > cathode ray tube? most people just call it a TV set... and if you've never
> > played a dgame that needed a d10 roll, how would you learn?
>
> Execpt in this case it means Combat Result Table.

exactly my point... as a computer geek, CRT means my monitor to me (I've
only once used a game with a chart, it's always been chits or dice rolls
against a number or another dice). An acronym is always self-evident if
you know what it means, and indecipherable otherwise...

but then, that's another story ;-)

Brian Lojeck
lojeck_at_...

"This is the .sig that never ends, it just goes on and on my friends.
Some people started reading it, not knowing what it was; but now that they've
been reading it, they notice it because... This is the .sig that never ends..."