Re: [Epic] Re: EPICAuction ELDAR INFO

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Tue, 21 Apr 1998 01:44:25 +1000

Andy Skinner wrote:

> Was this a way to show that the lot (everything, or Eldar?) is gone, or
> is this part of the list purchase where everyone is saying "me, too"?

OK, here's the situation:

I've contracted to buy the lot.
It will be shipped to Kevin Walker in the US, who will act as clearing
house. How the lot is to be broken up is not yet determined (Any Ideas?)
But the aim is to:

a) Provide anyone who's made a comment on this list of "Gee, I'd like
the XYZ" with said XYZ at cost + postage + handling.

b) Make sure I don't lose my dough, and get lumbered with a bunch of
unsellable minis half a world away.

c) Try to let some Australians have a go at getting GW minis at
reasonable prices, so all orders by Australians will come to me first,
to save on postage.

I was thinking of having an Auction, where the amount bid is the MAXIMUM
you'd have to pay. If the total for all lots exceeds cost+postage (say
total is 800, cost 500, postage 150), then you'd only end up paying
650/800 of your bid. But no guarentees this will be the way we do it,
and some of the lots are reserved (2 of the Land Trains for example, and
a few of the Titans). I also want a bit for myself...

BOTTOM LINE:
The space-marine mailing list will, in about 1 month, have an
opportunity to buy about 90,000 pts of stuff, at about 25% of their new
price.

WATCH THIS SPACE.
--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo