Re: [Epic] Eldar Auction from RGMW

From: Andy Skinner <askinner_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 13:08:39 -0500

Alan,

I don't know if you're collecting info on who wants what yet, though I
did put a note on the list.

Here's an expanded list:

2 Scout titans
2 Warp Fire Throwers (again, I'm assuming these are Warp Hunters)
6 Vypers (unless he's got more than one on a stand)
5 stands of jetbikes (assume 2 to a stand)
2 Doomweavers
2 Firestorms
4 stands each of Swooping Hawks, Dark Reapers, Dire Avengers
1 stand of Exarchs
2 Tempests
2 Warwalkers

If this turns into an auction, or there is some other way of splitting
the spoils, of course I won't be upset if I don't get my wishlist.

You might rating each item with a relative cost. Say Warlock Titans are
100,
a stand of guardians is 1. (Or whatever). Maybe make groups of cheap
infantry, more valuable infantry and bikes, smaller vehicles, medium
vehicles, large, scout titans, battle titans, and give each group a
rating. Multiply rating by how many there are, sum up the total.
Divide your cost (maybe adjusted to make sure you don't lose money), to
find a factor to multiply each value rating to determine price. I guess
this is just the same thing you suggested, except you determine the
price before, rather than having an auction where we don't know how much
our bids will actually be.

I hope it works out well.

thanks,
andy