Re: [Epic] Eldar help needed!

From: Sutherland <charles_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 10:36:58 -0500

At 10:51 PM 4/21/98 +0100, you wrote:
>Salutations,
>
>My regular opponent is an Eldar (don't laugh, it's not his fault, he was
>born like that! ;o)
>Despite his great tactical talent, he has never managed to win an Epic 40k
>battle since we began to play the new version because he kept his SM/TL
>reflexes... Now he needs your help.
>He would like to know some Eldar tactics and examples of detachment from
>you, Eldar people of the Space Marine Mailing List. As he doesn't have any
>access to the net, I will collect your answers and give them to him. Could
>you please help him?!

My 2 cents...

I like to use 5 aspect + jump packs with 5 deathspinners.
Kind of cheesey. The aspect w JP help defend the spinners form HtH andhave
the same speed. 2 of these on overwatch can put a wopping 8-12 BMs per
turn on one detachment. I have won just by the morale loss of the BMs alone.

Also those fire prisms are not just for AA fire. Those pop-up anti-tank
shots are an enormous threat and can pin down a lot of enemy attetion.

Your biggest threat is enemy arty. Use those aircraft if you can. If not
get those spinners in range ASAP.

                                                        That Chuk Guy