Re: [Epic] Eldar Auction from RGMW

From: Alan E & Carmel J Brain <aebrain_at_...>
Date: Wed, 22 Apr 1998 02:48:58 +1000

Andy Skinner wrote:

> Here's an expanded list:
>
> 2 Scout titans
> 2 Warp Fire Throwers (again, I'm assuming these are Warp Hunters)
> 6 Vypers (unless he's got more than one on a stand)
> 5 stands of jetbikes (assume 2 to a stand)
> 2 Doomweavers
> 2 Firestorms
> 4 stands each of Swooping Hawks, Dark Reapers, Dire Avengers
> 1 stand of Exarchs
> 2 Tempests
> 2 Warwalkers

Noted. You should get the lot, with luck.

> You might rating each item with a relative cost. Say Warlock Titans are
> 100,
> a stand of guardians is 1. (Or whatever). Maybe make groups of cheap
> infantry, more valuable infantry and bikes, smaller vehicles, medium
> vehicles, large, scout titans, battle titans, and give each group a
> rating. Multiply rating by how many there are, sum up the total.
> Divide your cost (maybe adjusted to make sure you don't lose money), to
> find a factor to multiply each value rating to determine price. I guess
> this is just the same thing you suggested, except you determine the
> price before, rather than having an auction where we don't know how much
> our bids will actually be.

I just want to break even on this. I don't even collect Eldar.... will
do after this!

> I hope it works out well.

"Adequately" is what I'm hoping for. Both Kevin Walker (who's doing the
hard work) and myself just want to get some good minis into the hands of
people who'll use them, and at reasonable, ie non-GW, prices. And to do
so without it costing us very much in anything but time.

--
 abrain_at_...  o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo     oo oo     oo