RE: [Epic] Titan Legion rules vs. Epic 40k

From: Chris Pinson <chrisp_at_...>
Date: Tue, 5 May 1998 14:54:47 +0930

A request .....

We have gone over this again and again and again. Brett wi=
ll raise the standard for SM/TL myself and a few others will raise the stan=
dard for E40k.

After all, it all comes down to personal taste.

Can we jus=
t drop it please ????

Cheers.

     Having been an epic player since the =
release of Adeptus Titanicus, I have
seen various incarnations of the epic =
game system and in my mind, without a
doubt, overall the SM/TL legion versi=
on is better than E40K. The latest
version is too streamlined for my taste.=
 I understand what GW was trying to
accomplish with E40k, but a think some =
of the flavor of SM/TL was lost. Don't
get me wrong; I like the new minis a=
nd E40K is not a bad game, but I prefer SM
2nd edition. However, there elem=
ents of the first edition that I have
incorporated into the second edition.=
 For example, anything with a turret gets
to fire 360 degrees. Also, I feel=
 that titan arm weapons should be able to
shoot behind, not just in front. =

     I will admit that SM/TL is not a perfect game; it has its flaws like =
all
games. however when comparing it with E40K, I prefer SM/TL. Yes, it doe=
s have
a lot of charts, but with several playings, they are easily memorize=
d, or at
least the stats for your own favorite army are. The detachment and=
 support
cards can be a little restrictive, but for some armies, particular=
ly marines
and IG, rigid orginization makes sense.
     Well, I have spoke=
n my piece in support of SM/TL. I'm sure that there
many out there who feel=
 I'm completely insane, but so what. There is no
question in my mind that E=
40K has lost much of the flavor that its predecessor
had and it is this fla=
vor that I prefer. I await rebuttals to the contrary!