Re: [Epic] Warhammer 40K

From: Mike Looney - ionet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Thu, 14 May 1998 08:23:26 -0500

Aaron Day wrote:

> Kelley, Kevin J., JCS wrote:
> >
> > IMHO the topic was getting a bit tedious. To keep this on topic, in
> my
> > quest for a points formula for inf and vehicles I tried coparing the
> WH40K
> > pts values to the same unit in EPIC. Absolutely no correlation.
> >

> I think they started with 40k points / 10 and adjusted from there.
> (sentinals 8 from 75, SM squads 15 from 150 etc). Max range has a much
>
> bigger impact in Epic than in 40K, in 40K most heavy weapons can fire
> all the way across the table. (thats why the demolisher is less than
> the
> Leman Russ while in 40k the points are switched)
>
> There was a E40k point formula running around a while back, but the
> varience was huge between most items. I tried to create a formula
> myself
> using 20 units and matrix math. No luck.

 To add more problems to the E40K vs WH40K conversion problems there is
nadda correlation between vehicles. The speeds and ranges in WH40K vs
the speed and ranges in E40K seem to have nothing to do with each other.

I don't think there IS a E40K point forumula, I think they just say,
"That units worth 24 points", when it is much more or (in some cases)
much less more powerful than a 23 point and 25 point unit.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com