Re: Aesthetics was re: [Epic] Titans in 40K

From: Marc <tw44645_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 97 10:53:56 +0100

I have seen the photographs of Epic 40K at http://ukyou.res.cmu.edu/e40k
I have a question : the Marine Bikes and Vyper Jetbikes you scanned, are
they from Epic 40 K or are they WH40K pictures that sneaked in the Directory.

It seems almost impossible to me that it is Epic ... or did they change the
scale of the miniatures (are they bigger now ?) ?
They seems almost as detailed as WH40K miniatures (but maybe they *are*
WH40K miniatures ...) !

At 20:44 26/02/97 -0800, you wrote:
>>Let me guess, it has heaps of skulls on it. Well what can you expect when
>>they have designers dropping off all the time to be replaced with less able
>>people. About the only real good designer they have is Jes Goodwin. I don't
>>know if people agree but their minnies are getting pretty ugly generally
>>speaking. The epic40K stuff looks good as it's hard to screw up a vehicle.
>
>I don't know. A lot of the early stuff looked really, really bad. There
>were, for instance, some truly horrific Terminator designs before they
>settled upon the current model. The heads on the characters used to be
>gargantuan, with strange expressions on their faces. And I've never liked
>the Mark VI "Beekie" Space Marine armor.
>
>Leaving out Epic 40K, I think the rest of GW's recent releases have been
>hit-and-miss. I don't know the sculptors by name, but I like the look of
>the new Fantasy line - the Lizardmen and Bretonnians look pretty good. I
>don't like the Wood Elves, though. The new Great Unclean One looks great.
>It does not, however, look $20+ great.
>
>The 40K minis are the same way. I think the majority of the new Chaos
>releases are ugly - plastic vat-grown Berzerkers, ugly Noise Marines,
>dippy Plague Guardsmen - but there are a few gems, like the new Chaos
>Sorcerers. The heads on the characters have been approaching normal
>proportions lately, too, especially with the Blood Angels.
>
>Jes Goodwin, however, is amazing. His minis look great, and I would kill
>to pencil sketch like him. His sketches for the Tyranids, Necromunda
>material, Imperial Titans, and the Eldar Aspect Warriors (way back) are
>terrific. I am glad that White Dwarf is starting to include new art -
>Around WD 180 or so, I was getting mighty tired of the relentlessly
>recycled art. I'm especially fond of the new Fantasy artist, who draws in
>a somewhat cartoony style. I'm still not going to pay money for the
>magazine, but it's an improvement.
>

>Howard

Marc Feuerstein

http://student.vub.ac.be/~tw44645/
mailto:tw44645_at_...

La plupart des hommes n'ont que ce qu'ils m�ritent...les autres sont
c�libataires.