RE: [Epic] EPIC IS NOT DISCONTINUED

From: Jonathan Westmoreland <JonW_at_...>
Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 13:41:23 -0600

> And how many times, exactly, have they fed the public this same line
> of
> pablum?
> "Any time now. Really. I've heard next couple months." Why do you
> continue
> to single-mindedly believe this stuff just because some retail schlub
> in a
> GW shirt tells you so?
>
> When I actually see these miniatures on retail shelves I will write a
> note
> to the entire group admitting I was wrong. Until that happens, I stand
> by
> everything I've said.

I really don't understand this mindset. Why should we expect GW to
improve their customer service if all we do is gripe and complain about
how the company is bad, the GW retailers are crooks, and anyone who
works for them does nothing but lie to us?

GW as a company has really gone down in the area of customer service.
That I will agree with, but I grow real tired of hearing people rant and
rave
how GW sucks. My only question for those types of people is, "If you
hate them so much, why do you buy their products?"

I play many GW games, spend a lot of money on them every year, and
I will continue to do so. I play Epic, 40k, Fantasy, Necromunda,
GorkaMorka, Blood Bowl, and Space Hulk. My wife has no problems
with me playing these games, I have a gaming budget that I religiously
stick to every month, and I don't care if other people think what I do
with
my time and money is stupid. This is only a hobby, these are only
games,
and although I don't like GW's attitude towards its customers at times,
I will continue to buy their product. If I do get fed up, I'll stop
playing their
games and buying their products. Otherwise, I just have fun, because
that is what all of this is about.

Jonathan Westmoreland
All you know is now in question, for your eyes are now open to the Truth
that is Chaos.