Re: [Epic] Massive Eldar sale

From: Brian Thomas <bthom37_at_...>
Date: Fri, 22 May 1998 15:52:11 -0400

At 10:10 PM 5/20/98 +1000, you wrote:
>Chris Pinson wrote:
>
>> just thought you would like to know ... the 50% sale hits Australia
>> next week and covers nearly everything except for blood bowl.
>
>My timing in buying $800 worth of old Eldar seems a little... ah...
>unfortunate.
>
>Anyone who STILL wants the old stuff, when the new will be shortly
>available at less than double the price (and in pristine condition, not
>needing a new paint job), could you please re-confirm with me.
>
>I have a stackful of e-mails yet to send confirming that indeed I've
>heard from people, but given the circumstances, I'm releasing everyone
>from all commitments if they so wish, with no hard feelings whatsoever.
>
>I do claim credit for single-handedly causing GW to have a 50% off sale
>of Epic, however :)
>
>--
>aebrain_at_... <> <> How doth the little Crocodile
>| Alan & Carmel Brain| xxxxx Improve his shining tail?
>| Canberra Australia | xxxxxHxHxxxxxx _MMMMMMMMM_MMMMMMMMM
> abrain_at_... o OO*O^^^^O*OO o oo oo oo oo
> By pulling MAERKLIN Wagons, in 1/220 Scale

How different, if at all, are the old Eldar from the new ones? If
noticeably different, I might jump in. Things are heating up in Brian-land:
I'm in the middle of 'negotiations' with Games Masters over 100+$ worth of
MAATACs (56 minis in all, if you're counting at home). Now, all I need are
Su-27/35 minis (thanks to A. Brain for the leads), and some infantry, which
is why I am interested in the old Eldar. (Apparently the lowest the sale
gets in the US is 35% according to Tim Huckleberry).
For some reason I can't get through to the GW website. Stinkin' AOL. Or
maybe it's not IE4 compatible. Oh well.

Project 'Narf' (my pet title for the MAATAC crossover race I'm working on)
should be completed in 3 weeks or so. I'll post preliminary point values
sometime in the next week. (minis should arrive in 2 weeks, as they have to
do a rush order).

                                        Brian

Oh yeah, all you military types (and related, Sauron), if you're ever in
Newport Rhode Island (home of the Naval War College), bring your minis with
you. We can play a few.