Re: [Epic] Air Power? Take it or leave it!

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sat, 23 May 1998 12:12:44 -0600

Sauron Moridor wrote:

> Sauron1 writes;Air power Dominant or just flying artillery?
>
> When I saw all the Eldar aircraft offered for sale in Alan's Epic
> purchase, I wondered how mutch air power everybody was using.
>
> We have used up to six aircraft per side, but we have only had three
> games where they were used at all. Usually split between intersept and
> ground support.As a houserule they can only be used for two cosecutive
> turns per game.As usuall those pesky pointed eared Eldar always try to
> use them.I hope the Chaos release { Whenever } contains new Chaos
> aircraft.
>
> sauron1

  I use them as flying artillery. If I think my opponent is using air power,
I'll take three thunder hawks and 5 interceptors. I prefer to play without
flyers though, because the rules seem....dumb.

I had a friend who fielded a detat of 5 thunderhawks and 5 marauders (a 7000 -
8000 point game, I think). It blew apart about 4 detats during the course of the
game.

Thane