Re: [Epic] DROP PODS

From: Mike Looney - ionet <mlooney_at_...>
Date: Tue, 26 May 1998 08:50:03 -0500

Luca Fazio wrote:

> On 26 May 98 at 7:38, Kelley, Kevin J., JCS wrote:
>
> > If you really intend to try to capture Market-Garden the drop
> troops should
> > not have heavy weapons or any transport- historically they Allied
> paratroops
> > were not able to deal with the German armor, and one of the other
> weaknesses
> > of paratroops were their lack of mobiltiy once they landed.
>
> I agree about lack of transport but not about hw, they had PIAT !!

Well, the PIAT has squat for range, and it's effect was so-so as an AT
weapon. Given that armor can be effected by "normal" FP attacks, I
would assume that something along the lines off a
PIAT/Panzerfaust/M-72/Bazokka/RPG is included in the squads fire power.

Which does bring up the near total lack of ATGM in Epic. Need to
thing about that. Basically a AT shot with rather _odd_ line of fire
rules but an ungodly range. (3-6 km) Got to think about that one.

<bitter rant>
Of course that would be on topic, I nobody wants that
</bitter>

> Btw I'm using Market Garden as base idea, many things will be
> different !
> My main conceirn was about a Space Marine commander dropping tank and
> vehicles... but luckily rules don't allow this !!

Nope, but they COULD drop support weapons.

--
Sillyness is the last refuse of the doomed.  P. Opus
http://www.spellbooksoftware.com