Re: [Epic] Where to go?

From: Tony Christney <acc_at_...>
Date: Thu, 27 Feb 1997 15:57:05 -0800

>Peter Ramos wrote:
>>
>> Greetings!
>>
>> Quite recently a fair number of people have stated their interest about
>> moving Net Epic to another forum. It seems many people have the
>> impression that there are waves of people on the internet that like epic
>> and are not subscribed to list. Whether this true or not I can not
>> guess. The fact is their aren't many web pages dedicated solely to epic
>> as opposed to other GW games (like 40k). As you know Simon Dodds has
>> posted what we have come up with up to now with vigorous prompting to
>> send comments or join this list, quite frankly, there has been no
>> response to date. Would it help for other web page owners to post it and
>> prompt reply? Again I cant say, but I suspect the response wont be much
>> greater than the one on the list. So the "we" in this case are all of
>> you who read this, and if thats a two dozen or less people, so be it!
>> Only you have taken the time and effort to comment on it, so as far as I
>> am concerned you are the majority and WHAT YOU SAY GOES, its as simple
>> as that.
>>
>> Of course, there is another point. Some just might be tired of seeing
>> Net Epic as the heading of every other posting from this list and that
>> is also a valid opinion. Regarding makng a seperate list or moving to
>> another site, well I lack the expertise to make one and as far as a web
>> page I will speak to Dodds to see if it is viable.
>>
>> As always, disscuss this amongst yourselves and of course I'll abide by
>> your desicion.
>>
>> Thank you,
>> Peter
>
>I think you should stay on this list, i like to see your results.
>There are many questions you have managed to answer by this "better"
>system that i like to try someday when it is ready.
>
>Judge
>--
>Answer to your prair.
>You will be judged
>according to my LAW!

I agree with Judge. For me email is free, but web surfing is a substancial
portion of my zero income lifestyle. Not that I want to be poor and unemployed,
I just happen to be at this moment. I am into the idea of creating a second
temporary list for discussion of NETEpic, but I am short of the skills needed
to make this happen. So, I feel that NETEpic is within the bounds of this list,
but could be serviced better by its own list. However, I am not particularly
in favour of having a web page to discuss NETEpic. I simply can't afford it.

I could also live with the multiple address idea though!

Tony Christney
acc_at_...