Re: [Epic] Q&A 7 *ANSWERED*

From: Thane Morgan <thane_at_...>
Date: Sat, 30 May 1998 01:03:03 -0600

> > 6) In the last Q&A, you stated:
> >
> > > Q: The Slaanesh Questor titan seems much more useful than the
> > > Subjugator, yet it is the Subjugator that costs more. Is it
> > > possible that these two scout titans have their costs reversed in the
> > Armies
> > > book?
> > >
> > > P: No - the Subjugator has a Titan CC weapon
> >
> > We will, of course, accept your answer as always. However, I feel I may
> > have phrased the original question poorly. The Subjagator has a CC
> > weapon, yes, and this was the point of the question. The CC weapon does
> > not seem as useful as lots of firepower on a fragile WE wtih a low AF.
> > Another player notes that every other CC weapon, be it on a Tyrannid
> > BioTitan,
> > and Ork Gargant, or an Imperial Titan, has an FP of 4 and a range of 30.
> > If the Subjagor CC weapon had this as well, it would trade a 4 FP
> > 45cm range weapon for a 4 FP 30cm + CC ability. Which would seem worth the
> > points difference.
> >
> > Just to be sure we are asking the question we meant to ask, could it be
> > possible that either the two scout titans have their costs reversed, or
> > that the Firepower rating was left off of the Subjagator's CC weapon?
> >
> P: We did understand the question, it's just that we value the CC weapon
> higher than the firepower in this case. Gav says "try going up against three
> of them!". Point values are very subjective things, and can vary quite a lot
> depending on style of play as much as anything else.

OK, three of them are 480 points. 480 points is a lot for anything to go up
against. How would they fair against 480 points of anything, say a warlord
titan, as only WE CC's make the weapon of any value. What are the odds of 3
Subjugators:

a) reaching the warlord
b) winning the combat against one
3 Subjugators: 48 score
Warlord (with one HTH weapon, which is typical): 60

Hell they dont't even get a psyker bonus.

I know it does no good to complain here, but I think this is another case of
lousy playtesting.

Thane