[Epic] Snakebite Lizard Rider units

From: Carl Billen <Carl.Billen_at_...>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 1998 13:53:45 +0200

NOTE : In the 'My Snakebite Klan Organisation' mail I accendentally used a
Cut & Paste too many, resulting in the wrong stats for the support slot
'Lizard Riders'. They should be :
    Consists of 1-4 Ork Units (Infiltrators, Assault, Super Mobile Cavalry)
Sorry !

Now :

When I saw the minis of the Lizardmen Lizard Swarm, I thought they they
could be used as Snakebite steeds ! (Note : I haven't got the minis yet, so
they could be somewhat out of scale...)

Consider the following unit :
Snakebite Lizard Rider... 19 pts
    This is an Ork Unit (Infiltrators, Assault, Super Mobile Cavalry)

New ability :

Super Mobile Cavalry :
Add +1 to Armour. Double Speed, triple when charging. Treat terrain as for
vehicles, but the unit may cross dangerous and unpassable terrain with no
adverse effect. It must test if starting or ending in dangerous terrain,
and it can only end in impassable terrain on top of a building. When
climbing on/off buildings, subtract movement equal of to the height moved.
Furthermore, try to use common sense. This ability simulates the
all-terrain climbing ability of the lizards.

eg. 10 cm high cliff : You can move 5 cm at the bottom, climb 10 cm upwards
and move 5 cm on top of the cliff.
eg. Thick wall : 1cm wide, 5 cm high : it costs 11 cm the get over the wall,
but you can also stop on top of the wall.

The lizards can cross rivers (but not end up in them) but lave rivers are a
bit too hot to cross...

Why these stats ?

Cavalry, Assault : I wanted the Lizards to be stronger Boarboyz-like unit.
Infitrators : When I looked at the Lizard minis, I noticed a Chameleon, and
I thought this would make an ideal infiltrator units. As most lizards (and
orks) look green/brown, they would be excellently camouflaged.
Super Mobile Cavalry : This is a combination of the Cavalry and Jump Packs
ability, to simulate the ability to crawl over walls and buildings. I once
saw a TV-documentary about lizards which were able to run over the water, so
this would make my stats a bit more 'realistic'.

Carl Billen
Carl.Billen_at_...