Re: [Epic] Eldar stands

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Wed, 01 Jul 1998 07:54:37 PDT

Tyler a �crit :

>Geoff Kemp wrote:
>
>> Pehaps cutting down the stand would be better as well, so that, it
was too
>> overbearing and detracted form the minutre ...
>>
>> -
>
>Not a good idea. If you keep the bases the same size you don't
>actually make
>any changes to the game. Smaller bases and you have smaller surface
>area and
>you can hide behind smaller terrain. It is easier to spread out your
>stands.
>Keep the stands the right size, then the number of miniatures is
>merely
>cosmetic and cost saving.

Don't forget that small stands are more vulnerable to barrage weapons.
I don't think they are unbalanced. In addition, GW staff itself uses
special Imperial command stands of only 3 figs (see the WD).

>The reason you can't have 1 per stand at tournies is because GW wants
>to make
>some money

H�las, you're right.

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 06/17/98

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/