Re: [Epic] DUNE

From: <DeconSolo_at_...>
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 1998 16:04:41 EDT

Ok...I am aware, and vaguely coherent now...(gotta stop posting at 4am)....
A few things I am working from; 1) The time period I am thinking of is just
after the Atreides take possession of Arakis, Leto I is still Duke, and Paul
is still just a whelp; 2) considering the laser effect on shields, lasers
would have to be limited, extremely limited. Shields would probably confer
the Save ability; 3) Slow Weapons. Remember these? Specifically designed
weapons to beat shields? Thinking of this as an upgrade; 4) Remember that the
Sardaukar and Freemen were the same people, just from different worlds. I
forget which book that lil' fact comes out; 5) Only the Bene Gesserit and
Freemen can get psykers; 6) Definately stubborn for Sardaukar and Freemen; 7)
Regulars and loyalists. Regulars would be the rank and file conscripts of a
house army. The loyalists would be the elites, gaining stubborn and the house
special ability. Loyalists would only be available as support units; 8) IIRC,
spice harvesters are merely bigger rhinos, in game terms. As for
ornithopters, a specialized T-hawk that can carry 1 harvester?; 9) Sand worms.
Yeah, on an open desert board, ooohhhh...watch the armor disappear; 10) I
think I'm missing something again, but oh well.
I'll have to dig out my Dune stuff and start trying to put something
together...

Josh