Re: [Epic] DUNE

From: Francois Bruntz <fbruntz_at_...>
Date: Thu, 02 Jul 1998 00:31:11 PDT

Josh a �crit :

>1) The time period I am thinking of is just
>after the Atreides take possession of Arakis, Leto I is still Duke,
>and Paul
>is still just a whelp;

I agree, it's the most interesting time. :)

> 2) considering the laser effect on shields, lasers
>would have to be limited, extremely limited. Shields would probably
>confer
>the Save ability;

I do like the idea of the choice to switch off/on the shields of a
specific detachment : switching on would give a save but will be risky
as the detachment could be automatically destroyed by laser weapons.

> 3) Slow Weapons. Remember these? Specifically designed
>weapons to beat shields? Thinking of this as an upgrade;

I don't agree, there is not specifically designed weapons to beat
shields but specifically close combat techniques to penetrate shields.
Every soldier of the Imperium is trained to beat shields so I don't
think an upgrade is needed.

>4) Remember that the
>Sardaukar and Freemen were the same people, just from different
>worlds. I
>forget which book that lil' fact comes out;

I agree.

> 5) Only the Bene Gesserit and
>Freemen can get psykers;

I don't agree as many Houses has their own Bene Gesserit adviser

> 6) Definately stubborn for Sardaukar and Freemen;

Yes.

> 7)
>Regulars and loyalists. Regulars would be the rank and file
>conscripts of a
>house army. The loyalists would be the elites, gaining stubborn and
>the house
>special ability. Loyalists would only be available as support units;
I do agree.

>8) IIRC,
>spice harvesters are merely bigger rhinos, in game terms.

But they're not used as troop transports.

> As for
>ornithopters, a specialized T-hawk that can carry 1 harvester?;

Not ornithopters can carry a harvester...Standard ornithopters can carry
about 1 or 2 stands, some can be equipped with heavy weapons, etc... Oh,
and watch out the sand storms!

> 9) >Sand worms.
>Yeah, on an open desert board, ooohhhh...watch the armor disappear;
Cool. :)

Francois Bruntz
Apprenti MIAGE (Universite Paris XII - IBM France)

               LORDinateur's Home Page
              Space Marine and Epic 40k
                Last Update : 07/01/98

  http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Dungeon/2370/